Isn't this supposed to get easier?

The past week was tough. I didn't get any exercise in on Wednesday. My legs were on fire all day Tuesday and I just couldn't make myself get out of bed.

Overall I did pretty well with activity though I've walked 8 miles this week. I'd have lost a bet if someone had told me that would happen this time last year. So that is a win.

I'm doing well tracking my food. Below is a snap pic I took of the info on myplate. I had a wake up call on Wednesday (tough day all around I guess) because I made 'breakfast dinner'. Who the hell knew homemade biscuits have over 200 calories each? (ok apparently that's common knowledge I either never heard or chose to ignore over the years.) I went to bed hungry and still went over my calorie goal. Oh and I'd have never thought a small piece of sausage would be equal to a nice pork chop in calories. I suppose that is the point of tracking so that you can learn to make better decisions.



Still haven't broken out the bike. The goal of biking to the pool before Father's Day may not happen, but I'm hopeful that after the walking and daily stairs I've been doing that I'll do much better with it this year. I'm going to get it out this weekend for sure. Last weekend was spent power washing the drive way, mowing grass. I did sneak in a fishing trip on Sunday. The kids each caught a fish, but I didn't. I prefer that than the opposite.

I stepped on the scale this morning, hopeful I wouldn't see an E. But alas all I got was the E. I knew that's what I'd see but I figured I'd satisfy my curiosity. Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll see something besides the E. But the below article a friend shared on FB this week only confirms my belief that weight loss will be negligible at this point in my life. I didn't read the whole thing because it was too much of a kick in the nuts. But the gist of what I did read indicated they've scientifically proven the human body fights and regulates to maintain the 'carrying' weight it's used too. For some that's a slim trim 150 lbs and others like myself it's north of 400. I'm hopeful that if I can slowly lose a pound or 2 a month even at least it will stay off if I keep up the lifestyle change long term. Thoughts that I'd need to walk 2 miles a day and track my intake used to scare me from doing anything, but now I guess the thought of dying scares me more. Anyway here's the link:

Click for a kick in the nuts!

Next committed update 5/13/2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings