Season of changes

It definitely feels like a season of change.

We've had numerous protests throughout the country with calls for Police Reform and calling awareness for systemic racism within the Judicial system in the US.  It's encouraging to see the widespread and varied folks at the protests, but at the same time it's scary as hell because we are in the midst of the a global pandemic.

The COVID-19 pandemic is still growing in the US and seems to be growing faster here than other parts of the world.  Is some of that appearance because have a more transparent government and press?  Or is just that we've done an incredibly shitty job job of protecting our selves and socially distancing.  I suspect its a combination of the two, but we are definitely doing a shitting job of protecting ourselves.  We are still staying home and minimizing our contacts with others.  We've not let our son start back soccer yet, but field space is getting hard to come by at the parks so we may start back soon.  

We did get our patio finished so that has been nice.  It's turned out our very well.



I've done pretty well with running.  I did 7 miles on the 6th and last weekend I only got 6 in but I was busying doing a big smoke and taking my son to the soccer field that morning.  I'm planning to get my 7 miles in again tomorrow.

Weight wise I was 273.6 last Saturday which is an all time low for me that I remember.  I'd really like to get to 250 by the end of this year.  In order to do that I'm going to have to do better with my eating,

I've got to get into a better routine for food with summer schedules starting and the fact that work from home has been extended through the end of this year at a minimum.  It's very possible that I'll be WFH from here on out with TIAA.

I am doing a virtual 5k tomorrow and our company has a virtual run/bike/walk event coming up that I'll probably do as well.

One of goals for the year was to do a 5k and average under 10 min/mile.  That was an ambitious goal so I don't know that it'll happen.

I do count myself as having met the 10k goal already since I've done that distance several times now.  Maybe starting in July I'll focus on pushing for faster 5k times instead of distance.  I'm not sure though with the heat that I want to tackle that until the fall.

Next committed update is 7/8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings