1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

A couple weeks ago I took the time to re-read all of my blog entries over the last year.  It's amazing now to look back at where I was and think back about it.

One thing I want to do is thank several folks who've been very encouraging over the year, my wife especially for her support and willingness to change our routines to accommodate me not to mention the money we've spent of shoes, trackers and gym memberships.  Also I've greatly appreciated the support from the CAD Brethren, you guys have been awesome particularly Zhunzi and Capwilson.  It's great to know you always have someone in your corner. Also the life coach nutritionist at work has been a great help.

 I think going in I kept the circle tight on this journey, because I wasn't sure if I'd flame out like I have a number of other times.  In the last few weeks, I've been amazed at the support from other family and friends who've noticed the weight loss.  I'm very thankful for the support and grateful to have a great supportive network.

I was very pleased to make the 100 lb mark last week!  We celebrated with dinner our after 9Round last Thursday.

Speaking of 9Round, they've been promoting themselves with a slogan that 'beach bodies are made here'.  I was at the beach last week for Spring Break and I have to say the work put in at 9Round was definitely felt.  We hiked out to the jetties one morning about a 2 mile hike each way.  Another day I kicked the soccer ball around with my son along with playing bocce, tidal ball and volleyball with him followed by building a sand castle with my daughter.  The next day I wasn't sore and miserable.  That's my version of a beach body!

Last month while watching some of March Madness I kept seeing weight loss commercials.  One thing that bothers me is the sample images they show set unrealistic expectations.  My thoughts were that I've lost that much or more and frankly that ain't what it looks like.  So here is my more realistic shots:

Now clearly the second image with my belt is probably more like what they'd show on one of their commercials.  But these images with folks literally lost in a pair of pants after weight loss aren't realistic.  I say this because I'd hate for folks to make excellent progress and get discouraged because of what they see in advertising.

As for what's next, I'm planning to keep with the program.  Weight loss has slowed some but not stopped.  I've been surprised and happy this spring as yard work has kicked back in that the work I've put in certainly has paid dividends there.  At Lowe's I was grabbing 2 bags of mulch again to load up, it's been many years since I did that, last time I moved mulch one bag was getting heavy to me.  For mowing my yard is significantly easier than it's ever been. 

We head out tomorrow for the same soccer tourney I went to right after my blog entry last year.  Looking forward to a good trip and hope the boys play well.

Next committed update 5/11/17

Comments

  1. WOW great job...I too LOVE 9Rounds keep up the GREAT work

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, Phil!!!!! I started my journey to better health 1.5 years ago. I started having chest pain and it caused me to re-evaluate my life choices. I have lost 48 lbs. Positivity, self love, and small goals have been key for me to keep stepping forward. Health will always be a neverending journey for me and sometimes more a struggle than others. I wish you the very best!!!!!❤️❤️❤️ Kim Clayton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little changes that you can keep up are the key imho

      Delete
  3. I love your testimony! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings