Only 3 weeks in?

Wow I checked back at the blog. Seems like I've been doing this walking thing forever at this point, at least a month or so. However this is only the end of my 3rd full week. Really feels like longer, but it is what it is. I had been walking some at work in the weeks before so maybe in my mind I'm tying that in. Doesn't really matter in the long run, just a thought I had today.

Even if it's only 3 weeks in I feel much better, I did skip my walk yesterday morning. I hadn't slept well and when the dog woke me up at 5 I thought let me move my alarm up so I can at least get an hours sleep before work. Guess how that worked out? Anyway I kinda justified it because I was planning to mow after work and that's walking too right? It's a cop out no doubt. I did however track my walk while mowing. (Special shout out to my wife for encouraging me to do that, and also encouraging me over the last 3 weeks as I've started this journey.) Interestingly enough mapmywalk app does say I got 1.43 miles of walking in. And that is just in mowing maybe 3/4 of the yard. A storm blew up and I had to stop. I did keep mowing for about 10 minutes in the rain to finish the section I was working on.


I'm planning to make up my 2 miles from Thursday tomorrow morning. I got the bike out last Friday, ( again thanks LeAnn!) I did pretty well on it, but I had a lot of lower back pain afterward and while riding. I've talked to a guy at work who's an avid biker (or should I say cyclist?). He told me about some 'superman' exercises I need to look up to help strengthen my core muscles that will help me be able to bike better.

If I go back to my original action plan from 4/22 I've done pretty well. The only thing I've missed on is riding the bike 3 times a week. But I've walked 5 times per week and every Saturday I've put in some actual manual labor. I may not be able to bike to the pool with the kids next month, but I'll sure have the energy to go for a change!!!

Next committed update 5/20/2016.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

9 Round and other musings