Running & ACC Tourney Surprise

I've been running more in the mornings I don't make it to 9round and some on the weekends.  I've been able to run/jog (ok brisk walk for lots of folks) the full 3.3 mile loop.  Most mornings I"m around 14ish min miles.  My hope and plan is that by doing this I can in the long run better my times for 5ks this year since I'll hopefully be able to go at a consistent pace rather than stopping to walk some.  Time will tell.  There's definitely an endorphine high from running.  I don't know that I'll get addicted to it, but you do feel better for a bit until you start to get sore at least.  It is a great sense of accomplishment though.  Weight loss is pretty much stalled, but that is to be expected, still staying the course tracking the food, more good decisions, less bad ones.  Keeping up the exercises and celebrating the weight I've lost and progress I've made.  Can't lose sight of the fact that I'm wearing smaller pants than I did in high school and literally in the best shape of my life.
Through some random chance and good luck I wound up with some free tickets to a mid week game for the ACC Tourney.  I went with a friend from scouting since Clemson was playing and he's a Clemson grad.  It was good to catch up with him and we had a great time.  Even if the refs screwed Clemson out of the game. 


 Next committed update 3/28



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings