2020 Goals a week late

It's 2020 an even decade year which so far looks like it is going to be a crazy hectic year!  Our summer is basically already full which seems crazy but is a reality.

We have camps and tournaments scheduled all around for the summer.

I have been lazy and not run for distance since the last 5k of 2019.  I've been running a 1/2-3/4 of a a mile as part of my 9round workouts and logging lots of miles on the treadmill, but actual running.

I was pleased to clip off 2 miles yesterday at just under 11.5 min per mile


It was an early afternoon run and I always do better time-wise on those.  It ended up being a beautiful late spring day around 70 in mid-January!

I've decided on my goals for 2020.  Not 100% they are realistic but I kinda sandbag some on my personal goals for 2019 so I want to stretch myself this year:


  • Finish a 10k run
  • Complete a 5k run with a 10 min/mile pace.
  • Weigh under 250 lbs by 1/2/2021
It will be tough I need to get back on track with running some each week.  My son and I are planning to do some 5ks again this year and I'm going to try to talk him into doing a 10k with me.  Probably look to do one in the fall.  I doubt I'll be ready in the spring and I don't want to try it in the summer heat.

For 2019 I finished with a daily step average of 16,532 despite missing my step goal 33 times over the year.  I'm surprised that I finished the year up one lb over the beginning of the year.  Definitely something I'm going to focus on for 2020.  I want to get down to the 250 lb goal.

I'm signing us up today for our first 5k on 2/1 the 49er Gold Rush.  Should be a challenging course they state up front it's hilly and I've been on campus it has some steep hills.

Next committed update 1/30/2020



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings