Elfie5k Run

 Few days late updating my blog.  Last week was pretty stressful.  Over the weekend we had a what used to be normal hectic schedule.  XC for my son at 10 am Sat and then a Soccer game at 2 pm.  He came in 2nd in the XC meet and his team won their soccer game!  So it was a cold but good day for sure.

Sunday afternoon we did the Elfie5k in Locust, NC.  My MIL lives out that way and wanted us to run it, so we did our first in person run since February.  My son got 2nd place there but set a PR with time of 17:17!!!  The guy that won is just a crazy good runner and was nearly a minute under his pace. 

I was able to finally finish a 5k in under 35 minutes which was my 2019 5k goal.



We've started using Strava to track our runs, my sons XC team at school uses it.  And FitBit has been kinda buggy lately.  It has me with a PR mile effort sub 10 min!!  I don't know how accurate that is, it kept auto pausing if I'd stop to walk some.  Which I did because I started the race way too fast. 






Overall it was a good day.  Kids had fun and it was fairly socially distanced except right at the start.  My daughter won the costume contest.  So she was super stoked about that.  She did really well for her first 5k walk that wasn't a family effort.  She took her puppy and they did well.



Hopefully we can do another one soon.  Right now COVID numbers aren't looking good.  Our zip code is averaging 11 people testing positive per day the month of December.  It looks to be a long winter.  Hopefully by spring and summer the vaccines will be approved and widely available.

Next committed update: 12/22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings