A month in

I guess this late posting thing will occur more often.

I've been tracking my intake and walking regularly for over a month now.

I've surprised myself by sticking with it.  I've learned a lot about how I got this way now, just this week we went to Carolina Ale House one of my favorite spots.  The wings and fries I used to have at least once a week are over 2,100 calories.  That's nearly 90% of my daily intake need!  Wow!  Also a cookout strip tray is 1500 calories, that used to be my lunch nearly everyday for years.

The walking has been good.  My back feels better than it has in a long time.  I have some pain in my left knee.  Of course I'm not using a cane like the dr told me I would by 30 if I didn't let him cut on it when I was 17!!!  That surgery may happen someday but hopefully I can coax a few more years out.

Weight wise I'm down nearly 20 lbs, I had hoped I would be 25 by this week, but I'm glad to be where I am.  The scale reading my weight now is good in a lot of ways but bad because I tend to check if too often.  But the bottom line is I'm healthier, my clothes fit better and I have more energy. 5:30 comes early during the week though to be able to walk, I need to get in the bed earlier.  This summer should be interesting with the kids staying up later, but hey I've got 2 whole weeks before I have to worry about that!

Today is LeAnn's birthday, we are at beach for a birthday trip!  Looks like the tropical storm will hit well below us so we should be able to get some time in the sand in.

Next committed up day is 6/3/2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings