7 weeks in

I just went back and looked this is my 7th week of this journey.

I met my first short term goal last Sunday.  I rode my bike to the pool with my daughter.  My son didn't want to ride his, but we had our summers open party and rode.  I had to push some on the first hill, but to be fair it's a very steep hill and I nearly made it up.

Hopefully next week we'll get a chance to bike up one day after work.

This weekend we are headed out camping with our CAD friends.  We go a couple times a year and have since my son was 3.  My daughter started the next year and has been going since she was in diapers.

I'm excited since Santa brought me a fancy REI tent.  Should be a good trip, hopefully not too hot and looks to be dry.

I've settled into a routine of walking 2.1 miles every morning prior to work, most days my average time is 42 minutes. The daily stairs was really stressing my knee so I've paused that for now.

I've controlled my intake this week and not exceeded my calorie goals any day.  That has gotten my weight slightly moving down again.  Hopefully I can keep that going, as I've said before weight loss is a goal but not my focus even if I get distracted by it at times.

My next short term goal is to get that time down to 30 minutes for at least one walk by Labor Day.  It'll be tough, but I've done 39 minutes one time when it was raining.  I really need to push myself to speed up in walking.  That will improve my breathing.

Next committed update: 6/17/2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings