Slow and steady but always moving!

I was due to make a post on Tuesday, but didn't.

This past week we came back from our last beach trip of the summer.  We got to see baby sea turtles hatch again for the 2nd year in a row.  It's a very cool thing.

Both kids had open houses.  The boy starts middle school!  I was pretty nervous but then we lucked out his home room teacher is my buddy's wife.  I don't know her really well, but it put my mind at ease for sure.

I met with the life coach at work again last week.  She's pleased with my progress and said I was on the right track.  I got back in a month or so.  The snacking is still a new thing and I will have to get better.

One of the guys at work is starting a step challenge the first of September.  I didn't have any sort of tracking device, but I wanted to participate.  Another buddy told me about an Up Move device that was under $20 on Amazon.  So I ordered some and they showed up right as we were leaving for a soccer tourney this weekend.

I got them set up last night and set my goal at 10,000 steps like the challenge to start later this week.  It took all day and even a few laps in the hallway here at the hotel but I made it.  10k is a lot of steps. I was hoping all day long.  We'll see how it goes at home on a typical day but 10k will be tough, but as I've said before goals should be.

I haven't made my goal to make my 2 mile walk in 30 min yet, but I've still got a week.  May miss this one but I will get there sometime.

Weight loss has stalled and gone up some at one point but I was back at 387 earlier this past week.  Slow and steady and not gaining so that is the whole point.  Sometimes I get discouraged but then I remind myself how much better I feel already from this time last year.  I'm making good progress so I just have to keep that in mind.

Next committed update 9/2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings