Once a month is better than every 5 years

I've neglected to update this blog in over a month!  Whoops.

Life happened.

I've stayed the course on my journey though.  I was 3rd in our October step challenge, but not from a lack of effort.  I finished the month with over 400k steps up 50k from Sept.  My competitors definitely stepped up their game.  For November I'm curently in 2nd place.  Weight wise I'm down 58 lbs for the year.  My monthly average loss is 3 lbs for the year, that is brought down by a 0 loss in August, not sure how that happened, but I do see that Sept and Oct increased, ironic that is when I got the tracker and started the step challenge.  Funny how that works right?

Some key exciting things I can note over the last month would be:

  • We had a luncheon at work and I was able to fit in the auditorium chairs.  It was nice to sit with coworkers enjoy the meal and talk.  Previous luncheons I've either skipped or had to go stand later for the presentation after my legs went to sleep from squatting and perching on the chairs.
  • I was able to work on a roof at my inlaws beach house.  The ladder there would definitely have not stood the extra 50 lbs I used to carry plus a pack of shingles as I went up.
  • I've upped my step goal to 12k starting in November.  I've been averaging 13k, but having the higher goal motivates me to get steps in.
The last month has been stressful at work and with the election.  I've survived a birthday and halloween without breaking my diet too much.  I'm hopeful and have every intention to do the same through the holidays.

I probably should have more to say, but can't think of it right now.  

Next committed update is 11/22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings