Winter finally showed up

Spring/summer showed up Mid-January and we thought it was here to stay.  I've been involved in scouting since my son started about 7 years ago.  For at least 5 of those I've put off taking an adult training course on camping.  Given the mild weather this year and only one soccer game as a conflict last weekend I decided to get it out of the way, so that if I want to help with my son's troop in the future I'll have it taken care of.

Well wouldn't ya know winter finally decided to make an appearance:

Such fun camping in low 30s with an inch or two of snow to deal with packing up the last day, but I'm glad its over with and handled.

I've not been actively involved at the troop level since my son crossed over last March.  The last year of scouting I dreaded it each week because my shirt didn't grow with me over the years.  It fit much better this weekend:


Not to long an update, but it's what I got at this point.  I'm sticking with the food tracking, walking and 9Round.  Slow go but making progress.  Was definitely odd this past weekend to not be the person in the worst shape at a scouting event.

Next committed update: March 30, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings