1 month into 2nd year; 2 weeks late on post

I'd planned to make my next update on 5/11, but I didn't.

I was pretty overwhelmed by the response from my last post.  I shared the link on my personal FB page and also with my 9Round family.  The response was very positive, but like I said overwhelming.   Clearly my decision to keep the circle tight initially was a good one from my perspective.  I've never been great at accepting unsolicited advice no matter how well meant or proper it might be.

I've stayed on track for the most part this month, even if my step count and burned calories may not beat my April totals for the month.   I did end up beating the counts for both in April.  We had a hectic weekend at the beach for soccer and I didn't lack in the step department for sure.

9Round is still going well and luckily my son is able to join me again some now that soccer is winding down.  I've got a neighbor that's joined as well, so hopefully we can go together some.

As yard season has kicked back in, I've continued to notice mowing and the like aren't nearly the strenuous effort they used to be.

I've not done any running other than at 9Round this month.  I've had some knee pain and really don't want to injure my knee. (Is that a cop out?  I'm not sure but it is what it is)

I'm still down 4 lbs for the month which is great.  Weight doesn't roll off like it was earlier but even without the scale number going down my clothes are fitting better and it's nearly time to add a new set of holes in my belts.  I added 4 holes to my work belts a few months ago and I've used them all up now.  Sunday I wore a suit I haven't worn in at least 16 years to church!  I found a name tag from a job had briefly back in 2000 when I first moved to Charlotte in the pocket of the coat.

Still taking things one day at a time.  Been walking in the rain like it's a normal thing this spring.  I've been pleased that the pollen and flowers haven't bothered me nearly as much as years past  I don't recall the last wheezing spell I've had!

Next committed update 6-7-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings