Summer's in Full Swing

Our summer has been in full swing this year.  We've been to the mountains for Folk School camp, where I volunteered again this summer.  That week was an exhausting week, but it doomed my step totals.  I needed to average over 17k per day to top my May total, I came up about 8,000 steps short. 

So far for July I'm averaging over 16.7k per day, which should easily beat my May step count.  I've been walking a lot in the mornings and some late afternoons.  I've worked remote some at the beach.  We swam the inlet between Sunset and Ocean Isle again.  I'm happy to report we all did much better this year.  It was tougher for me this year because both kids are stronger swimmers and I was struggling to keep up with them.  Surprisingly you can't seen much of a difference in our 2016 pic and our 2017 pic in my size.  But there's about 80 lbs less of me and my clothes are size 2x versus 5x.

Pre-Swim 2016
Pre-Swim 2017





















I finished the month of June down 3 lbs and I'm down 6 so far in July.  My average loss per month since joining 9round is 6 lbs.  I'm down 56 lbs during that time, which I think is considerable given how much muscle I've put on.

I'm still going to 9round 3-4 times per week, when I've been in town.  The results are great, I have a ton more energy than I used to.  I've mowed the grass several times in the evening after work.  My last time I mowed the front and back in 1 hour and 4 minutes, which including pulling the mower out, gassing it up and putting it away.  That's an incredible difference from last year when it would take me nearly 2 hours and years past when I swear it took like 3.  But not needing to take breaks every 20 minutes helps a lot I'm sure.

Overall things are still going well.  I'm meeting with the nutritionist here each month.  I had to see the Dr last week, she was amazed that I'd lost 70 lbs since my physical in Sept.  I don't know that she really believed me at the time I'd already lost 50 lbs.

Next committed update Aug 3, 2017.  (Hey I can try to be more consistent right!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings