Starting to Feel Like Fall

It was 53 degrees this morning when I went out to walk!!!  Fall has arrived, and will shortly be followed by a hurricane I suppose.

We had a great trip at our Eclipse camp out.  It was  a lot of fun.  It also to me seemed to be a tipping point where I'm really seeing visible change after losing all this weight.

Here is me doing a little Eclipse 101 talk with the kiddos:



Here is our family and a nice picture of sunset the night before:


Numerous folks have commented on my appearance in the last month.  Weight wise I've not lost since the last update, but I've also not been the best about what I've ate either.

I had a gut punch last Friday.  A great friend/mentor/surrogate dad of mine passed away of a massive heart attack the night before.  I still can't really believe it's true, but it definitely validates for me that I'm making some good life decisions by losing weight and getting in better shape.  He will be sorely missed by me, his daughters and I'm sure countless others.  The below picture was taking over 20 years ago at my moms.  Luckily I saw him at a boat show the weekend before, but I didn't take any pics.


Last update is that my ole van finally died on us.  So I had to replace it.  We went with a little Honda Fit.  It is getting around 40 mpg on the highway.  Good thing I've lost a ton of weight or I wouldn't be able to fit in my Fit.  (ha ha thanks folks I'll be here all week.)

I thought this would be a short update, but it's turned out to be pretty long.  Anyway I'm on track keeping up with steps and 9round.  Even took a bike ride with lil bit last night and hope to do it more often.

Next committed update 9/21



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings