Do you feel any better?

I get asked that question every time I discuss my journey with someone.  I generally respond with 'well I'm still old' and let it go at that.

Lately though I've been giving it some real thought and I actually do feel a lot better. It's one of those things that's kinda hard to pin down, but I have thought of two key things I know lead to feeling better:

I don't take ibuprofen every single day much less morning and night any more.
I don't have to lay on the ground with my legs elevated to relieve my aching back anymore on a daily basis.

The other thing is that I can see myself alive beyond the next 5-10 years now, obviously none of us know the future, but I definitely see myself in a more long term future than I did when I made the first post back in 2016.

As 2017 winds down, I'm very close to breaking 300 lb mark, but just can't quite get there.  I'm confident it'll come in time.

I did the high part of our christmas lights again, this year was a little hairy because I'm feeling better, in better shape and took risks I'd never have dreamed of taking before!!!  But I survived and didn't fall, only bobbled once.  Also pressure washed on the step ladder over the weekend, that's something I definitely wouldn't have tried this time last year much less ever before.  9round often has us doing exercises where we step up on wobbly pillow steps or half balls.  I always thought it was crazy and pointless, but now that I have some decent balance for the first time in years I completely understand why.

I'm hoping to finish Dec on a high note for steps and calories burned.  It'll be a tough task but I'm hoping to do it.  I've started run/walking some mornings.  I haven't been using the 5k app because it's gotten to be longer run cycles and those just kill me.  So what I've started is running as far as I can about 1.5-2 minutes, then walking until I catch my breath and running again.  Tuesday I went 4.5 miles in under an hour.  My average mile was about 12.2 m/mi!!


Next Committed Update is 12/15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings