Off track on blogging

I've gotten off track blogging.  It's been a hectic few weeks.  Lots of activities and school winding down for the kids.

I'd gotten started back to 9Round with my son since he's in the off season for 9Round, but last thru 5/31 I somehow hurt my back.  I've not done 9round this week, I'm getting my back calmed down and hoping to start back Monday.  I figure it's better to wait the rest of the week than risk a set back.

We had a swim meet last weekend and my daughter did really well, it's the long course season which means she was swimming 100 meters in several events.  That is a long way to swim!!!

Summer break starts tomorrow on our 17 year wedding anniversary!  Doesn't really seem like it's been that long, but the calendar don't lie!!!

Jawbone the company that powered the UP Moves went completely off line toward the end of May.  I found a couple Fitbit Zips used for the wife and I.  I gotta say I really liked the UP product better especially the app.  I'm sure I'll figure out the fitbit app over the next couple months and get used to it, but I really don't like change.

We've had trouble with batteries and step counts not matching the UP moves and also deleting steps if you try to log an activity after the fact.  Why would it take away you 3k steps when you put in a walk?  Makes no sense to me, I will have to research it sometime.

We are looking forward to summer.  We've got a trip to the mtns and one to beach planned and maybe some more beach at the end of the summer.

I've been kinda blue going through all the firsts without Mom the last few months and my Dad's bday was tough for the first time ever earlier this week.  I guess having neither parent the dates just hit a little more.  I've got to close her estate when we are in Murphy the week after Father's day.  That'll also involve a trip to her grave and maybe her house.  Not sure I can take seeing the house, I've heard the bank hasn't kept up the yard.  I don't really want to see that.  We'll see what comes up that week.

I've kept up my steps even with my back pain and 9round 4 days a week until this latest back spell.  I'm continuing to get into better shape and clothes are fitting better, but weight is still pretty stalled.  I think one day I was down an entire pound.  Oh well slow and steady, hopefully I'll get another 30-40 lbs off.  Time will tell.

Next committed update 6/28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings