Busy Season!!

Spring is in full swing for our family.  2 Soccer seasons in progress, short course swim season winding down and long course starting.  Spring Dance recital is right around the corner.

And I've got a big BBQ comp coming up this weekend!  I'm looking forward to the BBQ comp to hopefully have some fun and relax some.  It's been stressful at work, it's layoff season but so far I've been safe and our group has as well.  Will be the theme of this year though apparently so time will tell.  It's a rough weekend for me since it's the anniversary of my friend Dan passing away.  Last weekend another guy I knew through coaching passed away from a heart attack.  Yesterday I went to his visitation and ended up getting a speeding ticket on the way from the funeral home to get the boy from one practice to go to the next. Seems the end of March is a tough time.  Hoping for a fun diversion and distraction.

I did vest on the 14th of March though so that is a huge relief!  My deferred pension income is now 100% mine!

I'm coming in on 3 years since I started this journey, pretty sure I won't hit the 250 lb mark like I'd hoped to, but I'm sticking with the plan.  9round 3-4 times per week, running 2-3 and averaging 16k plus steps per day.  I keep track of my food as well, but I admit I've had ice cream too much this year.

We have another 5k coming up april 13 and may have some friends joining us.  It'll be an early morning we have a soccer game in columbia sc the night before now.  Oh well as I said in the title it's the busy season!!

Next committed update 4/16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings