Summer is winding down

The heat is definitely not winding down but summer is for sure.  my son made the JV soccer team where he'll start as a freshman in the fall.  I'm very proud of  him.  They cut nearly 40 kids and only kept 36!

Their first game is next Monday.  Should be a hectic few months.  I've kept going to 9Round and trying to run some.  I was able to 3 miles in with a pace under 13 minutes for the first time in months.  I've read the summer heat hurts times, but I'm sure some of it has been the time I took off in the spring and early summer for a variety of reasons.


I'm still hoping to make my goal of completing a 5k in under 35 minutes before the end of the year.  I need to settle on a race in Oct.  Our next race is the Mud run coming up 8/24.

Next committed update 8/28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Eclipse is drawing near

Only 3 weeks in?