We're starting to have some cool mornings and some cool evenings.  Fall seems to be coming, but not before we go through hurricane season.  We have one churning on the coast right now, looks like it won't bring anything to us more than some wind.

It's been a rough few weeks for me personally, I'm not really looking forward to going into another fall and holiday season.  I'm not really sure why, but I do miss my Mom more the last month and have some dread about another set of milestones without her.  Could be because I recently learned her house was sold and a buddy sent me some photos of the folks cutting down some trees and starting to make it theirs.  It's what should happen, but it's bothered me more than I've realized I guess until I started writing this.

The election season seems to already be in full swing for 2020 and I can already sense it is going to be a brutal one. I've probably already written about it here, but it weighs on me and I dread it.

I've got a CAD camping trip coming up at the end of the month so I'm trying to muster up some excitement for that.  It will be good to get away and see some old friends outside of work or general routine. It's also one of my goals I set for the year so I will be glad to meet it.

As I look back on my goals for 2019 I'm somewhat on track

  • Continue 9Round - Definitely done that
  • Complete a 5k in under 35 minutes - Going to be a tough task best I've done is 37 minutes hoping cooler weather will help
  • Keep logging food and steps - Definitely done that
  • Set up my garage workshop - Made good progress on this, I have the dust collector and table saw wired in and the shop cleaned up a lot.  - Still need to get the guard for the table saw set up before I will call it a success, more clean up and organization would be nice but the power and guard for the saw would make this more of a success than I've had there in the last 7 years we've been in the house.
  • Take at least one CAD Camping Trip - Hoping to get this taken care of in a few weeks.
Next committed update 9/26

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Eclipse is drawing near

Only 3 weeks in?