October 5k in the books!

We finished our 5k this past weekend.  The boy took 2nd overall and in his age group, the guy that beat him is apparently the top cross country runner at his HS, so no shame in losing to him.

I didn't make it in under 35 min, but I got ever closer and I shaved almost 20 seconds off my PR from May.  So I'll take a new PR as win.

I'll admit I was out of gas at the end.  I did manage to finish strong though despite seeing the clock was well past 35 min when I rounded the corner.

I've been working on getting faster throughout a run versus slowing down as I had been doing in the spring and summer.  I was able to do that this Sat, but I had to walk a couple times to be able to keep up the pace.  Hopefully if I keep pushing myself on my Tue & Thur runs I'll get there.  2 More races are on my schedule for 2019!

This week is BBQ week, so it's been a struggle to keep up with steps and exercise, but I'm sure I'll get back in the swing of things next week.

Next committed update: 11/7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings