5K Goal made the pace but didn't make the time?

So when I set my goal to run a 5k under 35 min for this year I did it based on some basic math.  I had run the Jingle Bull Run at around 13 min pace.  I calculated that to run 35 min 5k I'd need to run a pace of 11:29.  And I've been pushing myself to hit that pace.  Well guess what I did the damn math wrong!!!!.  35 min/3.1 miles is 11.29 min/mile which is a pace of 11:17.4 min/mile.

Well I keep getting closer and closer to the 35 min mark on the timer, and my pace is well under what I thought I needed to be to make my goal but still can't quite get there.  New PR though of 35 min 12 seconds which is 31 seconds off my PR in October.

I am planning to do one more race in a couple weeks, I don't know that I'll get there though, but I'll give it a shot.




Next committed update 12/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings