Cold Start to November

Well I didn't break my PR and get under 35 min for the race in Concord, but I did place 3rd in my age group!!!




Yep that's me giving the thumbs up after winning a 3rd place medal.  They awarded based on 5 year brackets so I had good odds but I'll take it!!  I'm proud my time was not quite a full minute over my PR from the weekend before.  My son and his friend took 1st and 2nd overall for the 5 k, both of their times were more than a minute off their PRs.  It was a tough course with the last mile mostly straight up hill.  I went fast to start off downhill but struggled to keep the pace on the way up.  I was still faster than I've been before. 



We are doing another race in Concord on 11/23 and it is supposed to be 'flat and fast' so hoping to get under 35 min there.

If you want to sign up for that race please consider joining the Hickory Ridge High School team the school with the most gets $ 1,000.

Santa Scramble 5K

Next committed update 11/20


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings