1st week of December; ...no really it is!

I'm struggling to accept the fact that this year is nearly over.  Christmas will be here in less than 20 days.  Just doesn't seem right to me.

This week we've had nothing but celebrations of sorts all week long.  Tuesday we had a ugly sweater pizza party, Wednesday we got to go curling, which was actually a lot of fun and yesterday we had a 2019 celebration luncheon.  We used to have the luncheons quarterly, but as of late we've been lucky to have one a year.

At the luncheon a team I've let this year won an award for excellence in engineering for pioneering our company moving services to the cloud.  It's cool to get recognized.

I've struggled to control my intake the last couple weeks with Turkey day and all the free food at work.  That's probably a cop out, it's not Turkey Day or free food that's to blame it's me.  I get that.  Here's to the next few weeks being better.

We have a 5k on the 14th which isn't far away, not sure I'll make it under the 35 min mark, but I'll give it a shot.

The stretch from Turkey day through new years was a rough one for me last year and this year frankly doesn't seem to be much better.  The other night we were watch basketball and Dick Vitale was calling the games.  I got super pissed that both my parents and grandparents are gone but I'm still have to listen to that old bastard call games.  He's 80 so I guess at least he's younger than my grandparents would be, but seems not right or fair to me.  But that's life.

Hoping to get through the year and see what 2020 holds, supposed to be perfect vision right so maybe it'll be a good year.  Time and attitude will tell I guess.

Next committed update 12/19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings