Obligatory witty post title.

We have our first 5k of the year Saturday.  It's supposed to be a very hilly course on UNCC campus.  Should be a challenging run and definitely not a PR time!

I'm doing well with hitting the gym and staying active.  Not doing well with running.  I've run on a couple Sunday afternoons but Tue & Thur am's I've napped after getting the boy up and then walked on the treadmill inside rather than run in the cold and/or rain outside.  For me the hardest step is the first one out the door for a run especially in the dark early morning hours.

Another goal I have for the year is to try to grab lunch once a months with someone I've lost regular contact with.  In early Jan I met up with a buddy from my early days at TIAA.  Hoping to catch up with another friend from BAC in the next few weeks.

The election and impeachment are a real drag.  I've deleted the FB app from my phone and trying to ignore the impending drama.  We vote in just over 30 days.  Its crazy how many people are actually running for the Dem nomination.  But not as crazy as there being not a single republican brave enough to run against Trump in their primary.  I have to ignore it to not get completely riled up about the future of our country.  The next few years are going to be a rough ride.  I fear a tight election this fall and what it will do to our country.  Our only hope is for a clear convincing win one way or the other.

Next committed update 2/12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings