July like no other

Our 4th of July staycation involved lots of activity.  The whole family participated in TIAA's Be the Change Race against Racism.
  • 2.23 mile walk
  • 3.13 mile run
  • 8.46 mile bike ride


I got off track tracking my food in May and June but have started back since Monday the 6th.  I'm trying to double down on my efforts and get to down to 250 lbs by the end of the year.

We started lifting weights upstairs in our house as I've mentioned before on the blog.  Turns out when my wife ask will this break our house physically?  I should have googled it rather than going with my assumption that it wouldn't.  We damaged the sub flooring doing dead lifts and power cleans so we got to spend a good part of our staycation repairing the floor upstairs.

We pulled up the carpet
Cut out the damaged subflooring

Reinforced the joists and new subflooring

Then put down a framed plywood base to lift on going forward.  Fingers crossed that we don't have any more issues.

My remaining goals for the year are to get to 250 lbs so I have about 25 lbs to lose and to shave some time off my 5k pace.  I've completed the 10k runs.  I got mine final 7 mile run on June 30th.

I've been researching how to get faster and found some guidance about running hard for 1 min walk 1 min then repeat 8 times for a few weeks then build up on that.  I'm going to see if I can find a free app that has a similar program.  I'm planning to start that training on Saturday.  The goal is to get a 5k done with a 10 min/mile pace.  I notice I left that number whole when I set the goal in January.  I'm guessing that just means an average pace under 10 min 30 seconds since that would round down to 10.  I think the fastest I've run has been the low 11 min range so I gotta shave half a minute off that pace.  It doesn't sound that unrealistic but with the paces I've been running so far this year it seems like a lot.

I doubt we'll see any group races this year.  I've heard some are happening but we aren't going.  I've been told I'll be working remote through the end of the year and into next year.  I may be a permanent WFH at this point.  We doubt school will open in person, but the governor is supposed to now announce those plans next week.  For now were are still in the the quarantine mode for the most part.  Limiting contact with anyone outside our family and not going into public spaces other than for outdoor excercise.

Next committed update: 7/23/2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings