Nike Run Club

I downloaded the Nike Run Club app.  It has a guided run of 8 1 min intervals that I've been trying.

I did it first on 7/11.  I had wanted to get around 5 miles in so I actually did the guided run twice.  My run pace overall was pretty good for how hot it was.





My plan is to use the speed run setting on Tuesday and Thursday ams and then do longer 5 mile runs on Saturdays.  This last Saturday I did a preset 5 mile run in the NRC app.  Turns out the mileage tracking in the app is off, that or it just doesn't realize I actually run a slow as I do.  I don't know but I'll be sure to pay more attention to my fitbit tracking going forward.  Granted it was damn hot and I was glad to be done, but I really didn't think the mileage I had in my head was that off.  I should have stayed with the full route I'd planned to run.  Either way it was a pretty good run.


I've been tracking my food since 7/6 and done fairly well watching my intake.  Weight wise I've started to creep back down some.  It's a struggle to stay out of the pantry though that is for sure.

School is supposed to start back on 8/17.  Not sure what that is actually going to mean for our kids though.  Current plan is for them to go 1 day per week, but who knows if that'll actually happen.  The state/county may not have enough teachers willing to take the risk of in person schooling.  Parents are surprising hesitant to send kids back given how little social distancing is going on.  There is still a very vocal group pushing to completely reopen society though.  Time will tell I suppose.

My work has said we'll be working remote through the end of the year and further told folks if they need to plan for the school year they can plan to work remote through august of 21.  So I'm not sure I'm going back to the office in a traditional sense for the foreseeable future.

Next committed update:  8/6



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings