August Already

So we got my daughter a puppy for her birthday this year.  It was a few weeks early because ya know puppies can't be stored like normal presents

I think she was pretty happy about it.  We had made up riding the VA Creeper Trail as an excuse to get up early and head to VA a couple hours away.  This is her face when she found out she wasn't actually going to have to ride the VA Creeper Trail.

I have been active on social media about BLM for a few years now.  We have an internal Social Media platform at work and I've shared a few things there as well.  I was honored and surprised to be interviewed as part of TIAA's ongoing Be the Change program.  They did an article that was on our company intranet page.  It was very well received.
I even ended up getting personal email from the CEO after he'd read the article.  That was very cool.
I have kept up with my running through July and now into August.  My speed isn't geting anywhere close to the '10' min pace, but I'm doing better.  Today I did a longer interval run that was 37 minutes and I stretched it to 3 miles.  I've been struggling with a bad corns and hammer toes since I've started running more.  I bit the bullet and ordered some expensive running shoes.  I got them on Monday and have used them a couple times this week.  The corns are still painful but not to the point I feel like I'm having to push through the pain on runs and walks.  I'm hoping they will continue to heal and get better over the next few weeks.  I really don't want to go to the doctor or stop running.

I did a week or so of research before settling on the shoes to invest in.  I ended up getting the Brooks Beast 20 which I read were specifically designed for overweight runners.  They feel pretty good so far.

Next committed update: 8/27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings