Brooks Beast 20 Shoes

 So far I have been very pleased with my shoes.  I had an issue with the heal fraying on one of them but the company sent me a replacement pair.

From a support point though on the shoes they have been everything they were advertised to be.  My feet feel good and my corn is not nearly as tender.  I believe it in time it may eventually go completely away, but who really knows.

I've run more in the last few weeks that I had been before.  I've been running 5.5 miles on Saturdays and 2-3 miles each Tue and Thur.  Which has been my goal for awhile.  I may try to pick up some additional days running, but really wanted to get my feet well before adding more running in.  I feel like they are doing better, but this is now the 2nd week of school for the kids and I've been adjusting to another 'new' schedule.

Covid has not let up on the country or our state, NC is doing better than most of the country, but overall the US has 25% of the worlds reported deaths and 4% of the worlds population.  On top of that we pay the most for healthcare than anyone in the world.  WTF!!!  I have to ignore this for the most part to stay sane.

The election season is coming up and I do my best to ignore that as well, but it's really hard.

I've struggled a lot more emotionally the last few weeks than normal, and judging from my memories on FB it seems to be a normal cycle for this time of year for whatever reason.  I'm trying to power through and hope for better days ahead.

I've had some family from back home come down with COVID my uncle is still in ICU but will hopefully get to go to a regular room if one comes available.  Took him 2 weeks to get sick enough for the hosptitals back home to keep him and finally a week later ship him out to a larger hospital where he's finally getting some help.  His wife my aunt is struggling with covid at home but luckily I guess isn't as sick as him and hasn't been hospitalized.  My cousins husband had it but made it through without going to the hospital to my knowledge but now his elderly father has passed away.  He'd been sick so I don't know that it's COVID related.

For me I'm trying to stay the course keep exercising, keep working and try to stay sane.  Dieting hasn't really gone well, but if that is the worst I'm dealing with that'll do just fine.

Next committed update 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings