Non-weight loss victories

 A friend of mine from HS added me to a FB group awhile back.  It's called Fluttering to Happy and I initially thought she was just trying to sell tupperware.  Yes no shit folks are still using and selling tupper ware. Who knew?  I didn't for sure.   Anyway I digress that isn't her primary focus of the group I don't think.  She's using it kind of like I've used this blog, but definitely more frequently.  She posts about her recipes and her journey to better health.  Last week she asked folks for their non weight victories as inspiration for herself to keep up her motivation as well as to motivate others.  I didn't chime in at the time but it's been in the back of my mind so here go a few non-weight victories I've observed for myself over the last few weeks.

  1. On 9/29 I planted 2 Apple Trees and 3 Blueberry bushes in less than 3ish hours.  This involved hauling 3 wheel barrow loads of dirt and mud to the end of our street to some 'common' area with ease.  Now may of 2012 I planted a willow tree in our back yard.  It took me all afternoon and I hauled one wheel barrow load of dirt and mud to the end of the street taking several rest breaks on the walk and it took me a few days literally to recover and not be sore.
  2. Finished my 38 min guided run at my house versus a block or so away the first time I ran it back in the summer on Tuesday.  

  3. I actually ran on Tuesday because I was super unmotivated and moving slow that morning.  I've been stretching my runs to 4 miles on T and R but was so slow out the door I knew I had part of the run off, but I did the run anyway.
  4. Today I got out the door in time to do my 4 mile run and it turned out that I was on a long run stretch of the intervals at 5k pace which is 'medium' effort and I maintained it all they way up a hill I literally would stop half way up and suck wind for a few minutes when walking in 2013 prior to my career change.  I was taking a gig downtown and knew I'd need to park and walk so I was praticing some walking in the neighborhood a few weeks before starting the new gig to get in shape enough to walk 2 blocks to the office.  Granted I was sucking wind as I ran up the hill, but I was able to do it and keep going.



There are probably a lot more that I can't think of right now, but it is helpful at times to think back on the journey and where you are versus where you've been.

For 2020 I'll probably make one of my goals which if I could bat .333 I'd be in the major leagues so I should take that as a win.  This has been an insane year so many things have been thrown out the window I'm happy to have maintained my weight and continued to get into better shape even if I don't make the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year.  

Next committed update 10/22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings