Staying the course.

 2020 may actually end or it may not I don't know that we'll know until Jan 1 actually gets here.

Seems like it's forever away and so much to happen between now and then. 

The election is only 2 weeks away at this point, but I doubt we'll know the winner on election night.  I'm hopeful we'll know before Thanksgiving, but who knows for sure.

We voted last week and it only took us about 1.5 hours.

We have a new normal here now that school has started back in person 2 days per week for the kids.  It's strange to have them going to school.  I'm not certain its actually a more productive set up than their 100% virtual set up has been.  The kids though seem to have enjoyed the 2 days they went this week, so time will tell I guess.

My daughter's puppy is growing she was 36 lbs yesterday so half way to full grown we think or maybe a bit over halfway.  Kinda like 2020 we really don't know until it happens. I took her for a 2 mile run the other day, then later we found out you aren't supposed to run dogs until they are at least a year old and then not on asphalt.  Of course no faster than I run we got the green light for her to run with me, but 5 mile runs with the boy will have to wait a bit longer.

My son is planning to do Cross Country and has been enjoying it so much he's thinking of doing track this winter instead of soccer for his school.  Club soccer is gearing back up and will be in full swing by 11/1.  The practice schedule came out and it'll be 4 days a week now because his keeper training is opposite his team training.  Not sure if that'll hold but that is the way it is right now.  He's got to ref some games last weekend and has one this weekend.  Next weekend he should be on the schedule for a tournament.  Normalcy is slowly creeping back in.

I've stayed with running more, but have taken the last week off of weight training and 9round I'm having some pain in my elbows particularly my left elbow.  My son's sports med training says it's a ligament issue and to rest it so I'm listening to him, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.  I carried a cast iron lid with it today and it hurt like crazy.  So for now I've been running.  I need to start doing some lower body exercises and core work I guess if this is going to keep me sidelined much longer.

Next committed update 11/5.  heres to hoping we know who one the election by then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings