2021 Goals

 I've decided on my goals for this year:

  • Run 5k in in 31 min 30 Seconds
  • Run 10k once per month
  • Complete 2,021 miles walking and running
  • Get down to 250 Lbs

I've still not decided if I want to commit to 'streaking' for the entire year where I run at least 1 mile per day.  So far I've done it every day for 2021 which is only 7 days, but I'm pretty sure in my first 45 years I've never run 7 days in a row.

I got a new Garmin watch so I'm learning to use it for tracking.  It has a training program that I've started to help me reach my 5k goal by mid march.

I'm trying to do better on my eating and get back on track with weight loss.  I think the additional running will help with that.

Biden was officially certified as the next president by Electors and the Congress.  Our national capital building was occupied by protestors briefly on 1/6/21 egged on by an irresponsible sore loser and the far right press.  I'm praying for our nation.  I truly hope that Biden and the incoming Democratic leaders will find a way to dial back the rhetoric over the next year.

Covid is still raging in our country and state.  Our zip code is averaging 12 people per day testing positive in Jan after dipping down to only 11.5 per day to end December.  It's hard to see an end to this, but the vaccines are starting to be distributed and folks are getting them.  Maybe by summer things can get closer back to normal.

Next committed update: 1-21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings