Spring Time and Vaccine Time

 It's definitely sprint time here.  Our grass is finally starting green up.  I'm planning to pull up the barriers I've had up since the fall to keep the pup from digging on Friday.  Hopefully when we get back from the beach the grass will be even more in and the dog will leave the yard alone.  One can hope right?

We've had so much rain it's unbelievably wet in our yard.  I'm hopeful that pulling up the barriers will help it drain better, but time will tell I guess.

I finished my first garmin training session and didn't get a new PR for my 5k time, but I did get a PR for 10k a few weeks ago.

We are doing a race in North Myrtle on 4/10.  I'm doing a 10k and my son is doing a 1/2 marathon.  It's at a trail run park and should be an interesting race.  It should be flat but looks like a lot of twists and turns for sure.

I'm doing the galloway run walk training session right now with my garmin watch my race day for this session is 6/26 so hopefully I can find a live 5k around that time. 

Even before that I'm hoping for a PR on 5/15 when we do the Harrisburg 5k.

Not sure what races we'll do beyond these next two, but I'm sure some will come up.  We saw an interesting one near Wilmington in sept where you run a 1.33 mile loop and the pace you have to make keeps getting faster.  It eventually goes to 50 miles!! I think I might could make it through the 10k mark but I'm not sure.  We will have to see what is on the calendar for Sept before we sign up for it.

We are going to the beach for Spring Break next week!  We haven't been in about 18 months.  I think everyone is excited.  We will get our 2nd shot on 4/11 so I'm looking forward to resuming more normal stuff in a few more weeks.

Next committed update: 4/12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings