New Year Still Going

I've always heard and read about the news years bump in gym memberships.  This year I've witnessed it first hand.  At the end of December, most days we'd be alone at the gym with the trainers or maybe 2-3 other people.

Since the start of year it's been crazy busy every time we've been.  Hopefully folks stick with it.  It's been great for me, although its getting tougher to work in each week now that soccer and OM are in full swing.   I think I've got a routine established now though.

I'm down 78 Lbs overall now and 8 for the year.  Using the Jawbone tracker has the benefit that I can download the data.  I've shared a chart or two before, but here are some snap shots as of today.  I find the data informative and helpful to see progress in black and white.

Here is a graph of the overall weight loss plotted out.  The downward slope looks encouraging.

Here is a graph of my weekly weight loss averages, you see a lot of inconsistencies week to week, but overall it's gone generally from around 1 lb per week to 1.5 lbs per week since I started a 9Round.  On top of that increase I'm putting on muscle at the same time, so looks and feel wise it's even better.


Here is a shot of my Monthly Averages.  There's a big jump in Nov and Dec and a tapper off in January.  I attribute that to Holiday eating as much as anything.  There's also a chane it's related to the 'muscle building' but that is more a cop out than anything.  The calorie intake for those 2-3 weeks clearly show why that tapers down.  But the good news is I still lost weight and didn't gain over the holidays.


If you've made it this far thanks for indulging my obsession with graphs.  I'm happy with the progress I've made in the last year or so.  

I joined some random step challenge via stridekick for February, there doesn't seem to be much of an appetite for them with the group at work lately.  I may try to get something going for March.  Need to give that some thought.

A neighbor has invited me to do a Savage Race, http://savagerace.com/, in May.  I'm considering it, but I hate to slow them down too much plus the registration is like $ 85.  It sounds like fun is right near the house.  I need to think about it though.

Next committed update 2/16/17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings