Another milestone passed!

So I fell at 9Round on Friday Morning.  Not a stumbled and caught myself on the wall or equipment fell, but a got tripped up trying to a box jump sprawled my fat ass all over the ground fell.  Trainer runs over as sure that I'm near dead from the fall as I thought I was in the back of my mind.

But guess what, I was A-Ok and resumed box jumps and finished the work out.  I took some ibuprofen when I got home sure that I'd be sore and hurting by days end.

But guess what I wasn't sore at all from the fall.  It's a huge milestone for me, I've lived in fear falling for several years since the last time I fell and could barely walk for a week. 

I'm not saying that I could take any fall any time and be A Ok, but it is nice to know I went through one and came out alright.  All the training and exercise I'm sure had a lot to do with it.

I've been on a weight loss stall, but with my birthday and halloween in the last few weeks that's no surprise I haven't been very good with my diet. I've been much better than years past and certainly maintaining weight and not gaining is a win, but definitely no loss the last month or so.

In another month it will be 2 years at 9Round, that's a pretty amazing feat too.

For my birthday I got a new FitBit Charge 3.  It's odd to wear something on my wrist again, I've not worn a watch since mine broke in college back in '96 I think!!!  I'm still learning to use it, but its a pretty amazing product. It tracks my heart rate and sleep.  Supposedly in a few months they will update and it'll track blood O2 saturation as well.  Time will tell on that.  It is default set to help you get 250 steps every hour from 9 am - 6 pm which is considerably harder to do that you'd think.  I've gotten it a few days but certainly not regularly, I can get at least 7 hours pretty easy most days.

Note to self, when I started this blog, the hope was to be in a position that I could haul myself and gear to the soccer fields and not feel like I was going to die.  This past Sunday we struggled to find parking for the boy's Championship game at a tournament.  We were a good quarter of a mile from the field and I was able to walk it carrying a load of gear and barely be winded when I got there!!!

Next committed update: 11/27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings