Planning a 5k run

It's been awhile since I've walked a 5k, so my son and I have signed up for a 5k 12/15.  I've been trying to run the last couple weeks at least twice a week. I have a loop that is just over 5k long, so my goal is to be able to complete that in under 45 minutes before the 5k.  Then hopefully I can definitely come in under 45 min on race day.  This morning I was under 45 min at the 3 mile marker so I'm fairly confident I can make the goal.



I don't like the running but I always see the results on the scales when I am faithful to do it more often.  I've noticed with my new tracker that I don't see the drop in steps I was seeing with the Zip in my pocket so that helps keep me motivated.

I did a 5 mile walk on Turkey day so that I could be done with steps an do whatever I wanted the rest of the day. 

Next committed update: 12/11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings