Summer Heat is here

The summer heat is here with a vengeance lately!!  Last weekend we were in the upper 90s and man it was hot.  The kids wanted to go to the pool so I spent several hours holed up under some shade while they played around in the water.  We did get some work done around the house.  I'm working mortaring in our rock edging around the house.  Hopefully I can get finished this next weekend.

We got an invite to do a 5k for free a couple weekends ago and I got a new PR.


I'm confident I can make my goal for under 35 min before the end of the year.  This run was tough with the hills and the heat, so if I can keep up the running I'll get there for sure.  I placed 4th in my age group, the boy was 2nd overall and first for his age group.

The mergers for our kids sports clubs are evening out and look like they will be fine.  My son ended up on a different team this year, but is very excited about the possibility of a winning season.  I'm excited about significantly less fee for him to play this year.

I'm scouting out weekends in the fall for a camping trip.  It's on my list to accomplish this year so I plan to cross that off too.

Next committed update 6/7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings