Long 8 Mile Runs

 I've done my long 8 mile runs every week this month, one week I did 9.16 miles the inverse of Juneteenth for the Race Against Racism at work.

We had about 12 people show up to walk I had gotten there early to log my miles before the heat of the day.  This week I'll bump my long runs to 9 miles for July.  Adding one mile per month should put me at 13 miles in Oct or November.  I need to look for a half marathon to sign up for in that time frame.  It'll be cooler then too which is a huge bonus.

It has been crazy hot here, well not really but it sure feels that way to me, we had such a mildish spring.  Plus our AC has been on the fritz but I think we finally got it fixed on Monday.  It's much more comfortable in the house now and easier to cool off after running.


So far for the year I'm 60 miles or 11 days ahead of schedule for completing 2021 miles of walk/run over this year.  I'm very proud to have not gotten nearly to my goal last week.  We traveled to Murphy for folk school.  So I had to work to get my miles in with all that windshield time!


This weekend we are planning to go to the beach.  Hopefully we'll get to swim tubbs inlet this year.  We'd done it several years in a row until last year when we didn't get to because of Covid.

Next committed update 7/15


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

Only 3 weeks in?

9 Round and other musings