Year end post

 I gotta get back to updating this blog in 2022.  I gotta also get back on track with weight loss.  I did pretty good until the delta surge, but things kinda went off the rails eating wise the back half of 2021 without a doubt.  I'm back up over 300 lbs not just hovering there. 

I just went back and checked by 2021 goals:

  • Run 5k in in 31 min 30 Seconds - didn't make
  • Run 10k once per month - achieved
  • Complete 2,021 miles walking and running - achieved
  • Get down to 250 Lbs - not even close

I finished by 2021 miles at the end of November.  I'm currently a 2100 for the year and I've stopped tracking some of my walking.  I've only been tracking walks when I wear a weighted vest.

I also completed a half marathon on Dec 11.  My goal was to finish in under 3 hours and not be last.  I met both of those goals.


Since then I've been focusing on trying to train for a faster 5k time and getting back to doing some strength and conditioning work.  We got a new treadmill, which was a complete PITA btw, which included a year subscription to iFit.  I've done a yoga activity and a weight training activity so far this week.  I'm not sure how much more I'll do for awhile though I seem to have pulled a hamstring on my right leg.  I'm hoping a couple days rest over Christmas and some ice will heal it up. 

For 2022 my main goal is going to be shave time off my 5k pace and get back down to at least 275 lbs.  I'd like to get to the 250,  but that feels like a hollow goal to set yet again.

So what I'm going to do is set some things I commit to do and then see where the goals fall.  Here are my 2022 commitments:
  • Continue with the garmin coach run training with a 5k goal of 31:30
    • Generally this has me running 4 days per week.
  • Resume weight and conditioning training a minimum of 3 days per week
  • Track my food intake daily again in 2022
  • Resume working with a health coach
  • Update this blog at least monthly with where I am on these commitments.
Next committed update Jan 2022.



    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    1 Year in, 100 lbs gone

    Only 3 weeks in?

    9 Round and other musings